A little while ago, I had the pleasure of photographing the gorgeous Angela for her boudoir session. She was one of the lucky entrants to have won a boudoir session with me. I was so excited to meet Angela and create a beautiful boudoir experience for her. She is one of the most gorgeous women I have met – both on the inside and on the outside. Here is her boudoir story.
1. Describe yourself in 3 words
Creative, Passionate, Determined
2. Describe 3 things people might not know about
• I’m a farm girls at heart….I can get down and dirty with the best of them!
• I love champagne….and feel the need to sing (although not very good) after a few glasses of bubbles!
• I want to study in fitness, my next goal and challenge.
3. Describe 3 things you wanted your boudoir session to represent
• I wanted it to represent the journey I have been on… a woman growing in self confidence and self acceptance.
• I wanted to feel beautiful, sexy and just a little bit special.
• I wanted to be more than a mummy for just a moment.
4. How do you feel about your body?
I have always been very self conscious about my body. I have worked hard after having 3 children and it’s getting there. My Boudoir session has helped me not to focus on my little imperfections that no one else even sees and look at the bigger picture. My lumps, bumps and stretch marks do not define me. I am the perfect version of myself at this moment.
5. What is your go-to item when you want to feel absolutely gorgeous?
Gorgeous sexy underwear that no one else knows you are wearing, heels and mascara!
6. What is your best tip for feeling beautiful?
Wash your hair and shave our legs….it always makes you feel brand new!
7. What does confidence mean to you?
Confidence is being able to hold your head high and being proud of who you are. Having confidence can change your whole outlook on life.
1. Why did you book a boudoir session with Nicole Barralet Photography?
I was lucky enough to win my Boudoir session. It was on my list of things to do. I totally believe I was meant to win, it was the perfect time for me to do my shoot.
2. What does the term “boudoir photography” mean to you?
It is defiantly more than just being photographed in your undies! It’s sexy, sensual and intimate. Classy images that boost self confidence.
3. How did you find the experience of being photographed by Nicole?
I was a bundle of anxious nerves when arriving at my shoot, but as soon as I walked in the door I was at ease. Nicole is very passionate about her job. She guided me though poses that were flattering and complimented my body type. I felt extremely comfortable through the whole shoot.
4. How did your husband react to the photographs?
He LOVES them! They take pride of place in our bedroom and I am more than proud to show off my album to anyone who wants to see it!
5. Has the experience of doing a boudoir session helped you feel more confident, more empowered, sexy and comfortable with being a woman?
My Boudoir experience has been a journey of growing self confidence, self acceptance and feeling empowered. I have never felt so comfortable and confident within in myself and my body. I have learnt to embrace my little imperfections and not to be defined by them. I am now a confident woman who is proud to bear the scars of childbirth and life. I can now hold my head up high knowing that I am my own kind of beautiful. And I am extremely grateful to Nicole for helping me see that!