Nicole | Personal | Machu Picchu | 4th September 2013
Wow! I can’t believe it is finally here! One more sleep and bright and early I will begin my gruelling journey to Peru (4 flights to get there… O.M.G.. please let it go quickly!) and into Cusco to start our journey to Machu Picchu!! It seems like just last week that I was contemplating and thinking about whether or not I could do it! And now it is finally here! I am soooo excited… A little nervous, but more then anything excited!! I know I am going to have an amazing time, am trekking with an amazing group of people and at the end of the day, I am doing this to raise awareness and funds for the amazing work that Youngcare Australia does. If I was suddenly struck down and needed full time care, I certainly wouldn’t want to live in an old age home.. I’d want to be surrounded by people my own age with activities that were age appropriate. Wouldn’t you?
A big thank you to all of the people who have helped me out so far along the way.. Here is a few that I have to personally thank:
– Mum & Dad.. this wouldn’t be possible without your ongoing support. I am forever grateful and indebted to you both.
– All of the amazing friends, family and clients who have donated and helped me raise so far over $2000!!! I have a couple of great events planned upon my return that will hopefully push me up and over my $8000 target! I WILL GET THERE!!!
– Lyle my PT from the gym and the wonderful Amy & Aaron from Boom Personal Fitness who have given me some great advice and a training session here and there! I wish I had time for more! Thank you so much for your support!
– Beth for being my hiking buddy and hiking up Mt Cootha a couple of times! The non stop chatting all the way up and back made the trek seem so much shorter than it actually was and also a big thank you for hosting my print auction and helping me out with a charity night for Youngcare at your salon when I get home!
– Natrice – thank you thank you thank you for convincing me I could do this and your ongoing support. You are an amazing friend and I am so grateful to have you in my life!
So I’ve done all the training I can possibly do, I’m still getting my act together (around finishing up everything work wise I need to do before I head out) in regards to packing and I think I am mentally prepared as I can be… I know there is going to be challenges along the way, but I will not give up and let down Youngcare or myself! It’s going to be tough… and there are a lot of unknowns, but I know that whatever challenges are thrown at me, I will be able to get through them!!
If you would like to make a donation, here is my fundraising page.