Nicole | Business | Weddings | 26th March 2014
Today I thought I might share my top 5 tips of things to think about on your wedding day. Enjoy!
• Be sure to have a hair and makeup trial at least a month before your wedding. This will give you peace of mind to know exactly how you will look and give you the opportunity to change things in advance if necessary. Make sure to take all your jewellery/head pieces to the trial to see how your make up works with the pieces.
• Have food delivered to your getting ready location. It may be hectic, but take the time to have a bite before the wedding since it will be a while before you have the opportunity to nourish yourself. We encourage bringing an esky and some nibbilies on location to keep the hunger at bay, but remember no one likes drunk bride during the formal location photographs. And don’t forget to bring some water too! Especially if it is a hot day!!
• Prepare an emergency bridal kit with clear nail polish, mints, a sewing kit, stain treater, lip gloss, foundation powder, safety pins, bobby pins, pain reliever and mini deodorant.
• Allowing 50% more time for hair and makeup than you originally anticipated alleviates the number one reason wedding schedules end up running late. This will assure you have plenty of time for all the portraits you want to take before the wedding.
• As the one element of your wedding day that none of us can control is the weather, make sure that you have a “back up” ceremony location and also discuss with us wet weather options for your location photographs. Rain is suppose to be lucky on your wedding day, but it is important to be prepared so you aren’t stressed about the weather. Plus check out our Wet Weather Guarantee if it does rain on your wedding day – peace of mind if you have your heart set on gorgeous golden sunlight photographs.
And my last and biggest piece of advice is to don’t worry about the details, sit back relax and enjoy the day – it goes way too quickly.