Last year I had the pleasure of photographing the gorgeous Miss E for a beautiful bridal boudoir session. Miss E wanted a really gorgeous flirty, light, airy and fun session that captured her playful cheeky side. I absolutely loved the results and we had so much fun! Miss E wants to keep her photographs private, but she wanted to share her experience with you. So here is her story:
1. Describe yourself in 3 words
Passionate, loyal and determined.
2. Describe 3 things people might not know about you
1. I think one thing would be that I did this session, it isn’t what people would expect but it was great to step out of my comfort zone.
2. I am an introvert and I get really nervous when in new situations and around new people which seems to surprise people when I tell them.
3. I am a bookworm.
3. Describe 3 things you wanted your boudoir session to represent
1. I wanted it to represent my fun and spontaneous side.
2. I wanted to give my husband a wedding present that was fun and that he wouldn’t expect, I wanted it represent my love for him.
3. I wanted to gain some of my confidence back and feel beautiful in my own skin!
4. How do you feel about your body?
Like most people there are parts of my body that I am more self-conscious about, I have a bit of scaring from a few different injuries that resulted in surgeries. This session helped me realise how small and irrelevant these scares were and helped me gain back some confidence!
5. What is your go-to item when you want to feel absolutely gorgeous?
My go to item would have to be mascara, I always feel flat without it.
6. What is your best tip for feeling beautiful?
Try and focus on the positives and not the negatives.
7. What does confidence mean to you?
Being comfortable in your own skin and abilities, being able to believe you can do anything you set your mind to.
1. Why did you book a boudoir session with Nicole Barralet Photography?
I wanted to create something special and personal to give to my now husband as a wedding present. I chose Nicole because I loved her photos, the photos she produces are fun and feminine without going too far. After talking to Nicole a few times I knew for sure that she was the right person, she was so relaxed and approachable.
2. What does the term “boudoir photography” mean to you?
Being able to show your femininity and celebrate your individuality.
3. How did you find the experience of being photographed by Nicole?
I was originally apprehensive and very nervous but Nicole made me feel extremely comfortable. I think because Nicole was so relaxed and easy to talk to that I forgot how nervous I was and I ended up having a lot of fun.
4. If you did the shoot as a gift, how did your husband react to the gift?
My husband was very surprised. I had my maid of honour take it to him the morning of the wedding. Because this isn’t something I would normally do I think he appreciated that I stepped out of my comfort zone to give him something that I knew he would really love.
The best thing is that it was sort of a present for myself too, I have always wanted to do something like this and the wedding present gave me the perfect excuse to do so.
5. Has the experience of doing a boudoir session helped you feel more confident, more empowered, sexy and comfortable with being a woman?
It has made me feel more comfortable in my own skin and has given me more confidence. I think that sometimes it’s easy to put yourself down and not realise how beautiful you can are until someone shows you.