A little while ago, I had the pleasure of photographing the beautiful Emily for a boudoir session. She wanted to do a boudoir session to celebrate her journey of self love. Over the past couple of years she has been working incredibly hard to become more confident, more self aware and creating more self love in her life. When I was photographing Emily, I could see and sense this beautiful peace of self acceptance that just radiated from her. I told her how proud I was for the journey and the work that she had done and she totally rocked the shoot. I learnt so much just from witnessing and photographing Emily during her shoot. Self love comes from within and when you are at peace with who you are, love yourself unconditionally and are kind to yourself, you are absolutely beautiful. So I wanted to share her boudoir experience with you all and encourage you to do a shoot as part of your own self love and acceptance journey.
1. Describe yourself in 3 words
Quiet, caring and happy
2. Describe 3 things people might not know about you
I am obsessed with ducks, I’ve been married since I was 19 and I’ve been to Canada more times then I can count.
3. Describe 3 things you wanted your boudoir session to represent
Confidence, curves and inner happiness
4. How do you feel about your body?
It’s been a struggle but self love is now here!
5. What is your go-to item when you want to feel absolutely gorgeous?
Napoleon Perdis Zinnea fake lashes!
6. What is your best tip for feeling beautiful?
Lavender detox baths
7. What does confidence mean to you?
Confidence means the ability to make myself feel loved and content without needing anyone else’s consent or assistance.
1. Why did you book a boudoir session with Nicole Barralet Photography?
I booked my boudoir session because I felt I needed to show myself and my husband that I loved myself and that I was worth feeling that love.
2. How did you find the experience of being photographed by Nicole?
The session was amazing. I was so nervous and scared but within 5 minutes… it was all gone and I felt so comfortable and sexy and beautiful! Nicole was so encouraging and made me feel like I was doing a great job!
3. Has the experience of doing a boudoir session helped you feel more confident, more empowered, sexy and comfortable with being a woman?
This boudoir session has actually changed me. And for the better. I have finally begun to love myself exactly the way I am!