A little while ago I had the pleasure of photographing the beautiful Miss J for her boudoir session! It was such a fun session full of smiles, twirling and lots of laughs! I love being able to share my client’s boudoir stories and I am grateful that Miss J was happy for me to share her boudoir experience and a few pics from the session. So here is her boudoir story.
1. Describe yourself in 3 words.
Happy, weird, passionate.
2. Describe 3 things people might not know about you.
I can only wink one eye (my left) and not very well. I don’t like the beach (sand is awful). I am actually a pretty good cook.
3. Describe 3 things you wanted your boudoir session to represent.
My youth, my confidence, and my love for my hubby.
4. How do you feel about your body?
There are areas to improve, but overall it is me, and I like it.
5. What is your go-to item when you want to feel absolutely gorgeous?
A beautiful set of lingerie. Even when I have clothes over the top, knowing I have lace underneath makes me feel sexy.
6. What is your best tip for feeling beautiful?
Learn to stop saying negative things about yourself, and then find a killer lippy.
7. What does confidence mean to you?
Confidence is not feeling like I have to hide or disguise some part of myself, and knowing that people will either like me or not, and there probably isn’t a lot I can do about that anyway, so I may as well be me.
1. Why did you book a boudoir session with Nicole Barralet Photography?
I was researching boudoir photography, because I wanted an album to give to my hubby for our one year (paper) anniversary, and of all the photographers I looked at, Nicole’s photography inspired me the most. You can just tell from looking at her beautiful pictures that the women in them are totally relaxed and having a really good time. And she just has a way of capturing both your inner and outer beauty.
2. What does the term “boudoir photography” mean to you?
Boudoir photography to me means taking cute pictures in your knickers, but also being able to let go of your insecurities and celebrate yourself. I think that is something that we don’t do enough of.
3. How did you find the experience of being photographed by Nicole?
Nicole was fantastic, she is really lovely. I felt completely relaxed from the outset, and she is so professional and relaxed herself you don’t even feel like you are mostly naked.
4. If you did the shoot as a gift, how did your husband react to the gift?
He loved it. He had guessed what it was doing, but he was so excited to get it and thinks that it is lovely.
5. Has the experience of doing a boudoir session helped you feel more confident, more empowered, sexy and comfortable with being a woman?
Definitely, it was amazing.