Earlier this year, I had the pleasure of capturing the lovely Miss N for a bridal boudoir experience. She wanted to gift her husband to be something a little different so we created a gorgeous boudoir experience. Miss N totally rocked her shoot! She owned her body and had the most amazing confidence. I took so many photos!!! So here is Miss N’s boudoir experience…
1. Describe yourself in 3 words?
Creative, passionate, dorky.
2. Describe 3 things people might not know about you?
Despite my hard exterior I am very shy, I have battled with anxiety and eating disorders I have kept hidden and with the help of a loving partner have finally conquered, it’s taken 25 years to live my body and I refuse to let anyone tell me it’s not worth regardless of its size appearance or the art I tattoo on it.
3. Describe 3 things you wanted your boudoir session to represent?
Confidence, sex-appeal, strength
4. How do you feel about your body?
In all honesty my relationship with my body has been a struggle. I have battled many demons in term of my body and am finally coming to term with who I am.
5. What is your go-to item when you want to feel absolutely gorgeous? Anything Honey Birdett, if I’m not feeling up to do lingerie can’t beat my partners button work shirt and a pair of pin-up heals.
6. What is your best tip for feeling beautiful?
Smile. I can knit pit forever on part of my body I don’t like and it’s changes everyday. If you have the courage to smile your beauty will shine
7. What does confidence mean to you?
Confidence for me is more to do with knowing I am stronger than what I was yesterday. The strength to know I can conquer anything and that I deserve to be happy. My body is a battle ground that hasn’t given up when I have. It is more beautiful and precious because of it.
1. Why did you book a boudoir session with Nicole Barralet Photography?
I never once spoke to Nicole about my insecurities or past body issue. The day I did the shoot I had one thing on my mind my husband to be. Together we had battled through a lot of my issues and he has always built me up and told me I was beautiful. I wanted to show him that I was worth it. The boudoir shoot was a gift for the day of the weeding. A little I love and I am a better person because of you.
2. What does the term “boudoir photography” mean to you?
It not just a about sexy photos it’s about loving your self and seeing you body as what it is. To mean my body was once week and deprived. It is now strong and fit. It’s been built with love and deserve to be showcased.
3. How did you find the experience of being photographed by Nicole?
She was beyond amazing. She was helpful in making you feel comfortable to bringing out you super sexy alter ego. We shared stories and a few laughs. Never once did I feel uncomfortable and I couldn’t recommend her enough if I tried.
4. If you did the shoot as a gift, how did your husband react to the gift?
I had the best man film my partner opening his gift on the wedding day. It’s honestly the best reaction.. From when he realise exactly what this ‘little black book’ is to his flipping through the pages with a job-smacked grin on his cheesy face. Flipping back a page just to make sure he’s not imagining what he was seeing.
5. Has the experience of doing a boudoir session helped you feel more confident, more empowered, sexy and comfortable with being a woman?
Yes. It was a really encouraging thing to do. Not only did I feel more confident but I’d also highly recommend to anyone as a pre wedding thing. It makes you comfortable in front of a camera in you big day and gives you this satisfaction that you are beautiful.
The experience was amazing and I couldn’t recommend you highly enough. – Miss N