Today I wanted to share a little guest blog post written by Greg from Blinsaff who is a video marketing expert. I asked him to write a blog post about how and why video is super important in marketing your business. I have just introduced a new Personal Branding Business Subscription Package that includes a video add on. So here are a few reasons why you should consider adding a Personal Branding Video to your session.
The Importance of Social Video
It’s amazing how fast technology can change within a year. So it’s no surprise that social media content, and the way that people are engaging and interacting with that content is as well. The importance of sharing and delivering instantly captivating visual messages is – without a doubt – critical in any marketing and/or storytelling strategy. And, as a result, social video has exploded in the past year, and there’s no reason to think that it will not stop from growing. Video isn’t just an important part of the online experience – video is the internet.
Here’s a thought: in order to really stand out from your competition, wouldn’t it make sense to start sharing more branded video content on your social media channels? (the answer is: yes)
Here’s some stats for you:
• Video was 55% of total mobile data traffic in 2015 (in the USA)
• 68% of people will share the video they view on their smartphones
• 46% of all video plays were on smartphones or tablets
• 36% of smartphone viewers watch long form video on mobile (long form = 3 minutes and up)
• By 2019 video will account for 80% of global internet traffic
• Nearly a million minutes of video will be shared every second!
So how do you get your video watched? It’s simple. Facebook. Facebook video viewership is growing every month. More than 50% of people who visit Facebook every day watch as least one video. A natively uploaded video to Facebook (a video you post directly to your Facebook page – not an outside link) can increase your shareability, your page views and your website clicks. Plus, you have all that juicy Facebook demographic information right at your fingertips for any boosted/paid posts… #yum
But what do I talk about?
This is the easy part. Who knows your brand better than you? Who knows your audience better than you? (the answer is: you)
Here are a couple of great and simple videos styles that can grab an audience:
• How-to or instructional videos: reassure your customers so that they know that they will be able to use your product
• Product demo videos: How’s your product work?
• Explanation videos: these explain a concept, your product/service in an entertaining manner. Let your customers get to know who you are. Show them what you do. These can be in many different styles – such as in an animation or a behind the scenes video. HINT: people love behind the scenes content!
• Testimonials or interview with an expert: This is perfect to establish your credibility
Remember, people will most likely be watching your video on a phone, so you need to grab their attention within the first 5 (FIVE!) seconds. SSP: Short, sharp and to the point (with great visuals).
So depending on your goal and what you want to share, a branded video can be an exceptional way to engage with your customers and audience. Video is going to be a part of the future of online branding, so why not get in now before your competitors do?
Thanks Greg! I absolutely love using video in my marketing activities for my own business through online slideshows and little video snippets for marketing.
Here is an example of a video Greg created for my business. It really shows what it feels to be in front of the camera for a boudoir session and tells Kylie’s story!
If you’d like to know more about my Personal Branding Business Subscription packages and how we can create a video for you, then click HERE