A couple of weeks ago I had the absolute pleasure of heading out to Ipswich to capture some awesome Personal Branding photographs for Ipswich City Mechanical. It was such a lovely afternoon hanging out with the guys in the workshop, following them around and capturing what they do. I also had the chance to capture some team photographs, individual shots and a couple of shots of Adele & Brook the owners of Ipswich City Mechanical. I was incredibly impressed by how they have built up their business, the excellent customer service they offer their clients and just the great team work that I witnessed. If you live out that way, definitely check them out.
I absolutely love following up with my clients and hearing more about their photography experience. I also love sharing why people get into business and how they ride the rollercoaster that is self-employment. So here is a little interview with Adele about their why of being in business, and also how the photography experience was. Enjoy!
About Your Business
1. What is the name of your business and tell me a little bit about who you are and what you offer your clients?
Ipswich City Mechanical. We want to make sure that all vehicles that come into our shop are first and foremost safe for our customers and their passengers. Our customers trust us with their vehicle to make sure it is safe for them and their families. We operate on trust, honesty and excellent customer service. Our customers are very important to us and we always make sure they understand everything we have done on their vehicles before they leave.
2. Why did you go into business for yourself? How did it all come about?
Brook decided it was time for a change but wasn’t sure how he was going to go about it especially with a young family. But when an opportunity presented itself we didn’t jumped at it and new that we had to make it work; with hard work and determination, that is exactly what he did!
3. What do you love about what you do now?
With Brook’s experience working for RACQ Roadside Service he knew that customer service was a number 1 priority and he continues that in every aspect of the business from repairing a vehicle to explaining things to customers when they collect their vehicle. I also have this same passion and believe that people deserve the 100% truth about their vehicles and repairs that are done.
4. What is the best thing about running your own business?
Not having to answer to anyone and be able to do things the way we want things to be done.
5. What is the hardest thing about running your own business?
Having many different personalities in the workplace. Also having to turn customers away during our busy periods.
6. If you could offer one piece of advice to a fellow business owner what would it be?
Keep your friends close and your enemy’s closer. And remember to stay real with yourself and enjoy the ride!
7. Who is your biggest business inspiration? Who do you follow or look up to either in person or online?
Brook and I have learnt from previous employers, but most recently The Workshop Whisperer, Racheal Sheldrick has been an amazing inspiration and mentor for our business and very glad to have taken the leap with her!
8. Everybody has flat or uninspired days… tell me what you do to overcome these and shift your energy?
There are a few things we do – something as simple as the music we listen to during the day, a quick pep talk or jump around and remember that they day will only be as bad as you make it – there will always be tomorrow!
9. What is the most courageous thing you have done in business?
After 10 years in business at the same location moving premises to be able to expand and offer more to our customers!
10. What is one quote that you live by?
Live life to the fullest. Put positive energy out there and it will come back.
About the Experience
1. Why did you book a personal branding session with Nicole Barralet Photography?
We wanted new photos of our new location and with new uniforms. We wanted to be able to show people who we are, where we are located and what we do.
2. What does the term personal branding mean to you?
People associate businesses by their branding and we wanted to showcase that to keep everything uniform.
3. How did you find the experience of being photographed by Nicole?
Nicole is absolutely delightful to deal with! Brook hates photos and hardly ever smiles, so be able to make him feel comfortable enough to have some photos taken and not have to force a smile! She managed to make everyone smile and feel very comfortable!
4. Were you happy with the final collection of photographs?
I couldn’t be happier with the end result!