A couple of weeks ago I had the absolute pleasure of capturing some Personal Branding photographs for Jade from Be Social Be Savvy. She hadn’t updated her photos for a while and really wanted to create a collection of photos that were bright, fun and positioned her as an expert in Brisbane. I had such an amazing afternoon capturing some gorgeous photographs (and a little bit of video) of Jade. As part of the personal branding experience, I interviewed Jade about her business and the experience of being photographed by me. Here is her Personal Branding Experience.
About Your Business
1. What is the name of your business and tell me a little bit about who you are and what you offer your clients?
I’m a fun, casual, savvy chick who is from (and luvvvvvvs) Brisbane. I offer clients clarity and direction; designing the perfect brand identity and marketing material for them. Educating them along the way of marketing strategies, all to assist them with growth and empowerment.
2. Why did you go into business for yourself? How did it all come about?
I didn’t want to return to full time work after having my eldest son Quade. I wanted flexibility.
3. What do you love about what you do now?
Seeing clients have light bulb moments
4. What is the best thing about running your own business?
5. What is the hardest thing about running your own business?
Clients who are stuborn and don’t understand that sometimes they don’t know what’s best for their business. Witnessing people who think they can become highly successful from small business in such a short period of time and who are unwilling to invest in themselves/business.
6. If you could offer one piece of advice to a fellow business owner what would it be?
Invest! Collaborate! Learn! Take Time out for yourself. It’s great to be passionate, but a balanced lifestyle is important.
7. Who is your biggest business inspiration? Who do you follow or look up to either in person or online?
Carissa Hill is one.
8. Everybody has flat or uninspired days… tell me what you do to overcome these and shift your energy?
I talk to people. I go buy myself a coffee and do some shopping. I go to bed early on those days and I try to exercise or meditate which helps clear the head.
9. What is the most courageous thing you have done in business?
My photoshoots. I felt nervous but excited, especially for the photos out in public.
10. What is one quote that you live by?
Do it with passion or not at all!
About the Experience
1. Why did you book a personal branding session with Nicole Barralet Photography?
I saw how amazing the pics of Carissa Hill (a previous personal branding client) looked and I wanted them!!!
2. What does the term personal branding mean to you?
Personal branding is such an important strategy for small business owners – especially those who have their name as their business name, because people do business with people and when you humanize your marketing you’re allowing your followers / potential clients to connect with you on a more intimate level. It’s ties in with ‘relationship marketing’.
3. How did you find the experience of being photographed by Nicole?
4. Were you happy with the final collection of photographs?
And check out this little video we captured as well!!