Last year I had the absolute pleasure of capturing some awesome personal branding photographs for Julie Davidson – Activate Your Life! Julie was so much fun to photograph. It took a little while to warm up, but once we did, we were off and running! Julie wanted a variety of different photographs that showcased her personality, what she does, how she trains, inspiration for content for both social media and her website and a few photos of her Mums and Bubs class! So we headed out early to Seventeen Miles Rocks and captured some awesome photos. Here is her experience and a little background about her business! I love reading about other small business owners and their journeys. So here is Julie’s!
Name: Julie Davidson
Business: Julie Davidson Activate Your Life
Contact: 0448733300 or firstname.lastname@example.org
About Your Business
1. What is the name of your business and tell me a little bit about who you are and what you offer your clients?
The name of my business is Julie Davidson Activate My Life. I started this business as I felt there was a need to help mums get back into exercise. I know the struggle they have in doing that with young babies, so I created a group especially to cater for that. I also do one on one PT sessions and also a fully qualified massage therapist and massage out of my local gym.
2. Why did you go into business for yourself? How did it all come about?
I went back into the corporate world for a few years so I could buy my own home which I have now done but my soul was crying out to do more with my life. I have always been into health and fitness and it was time to do something for me. I had always wanted to be my own boss. So I quit my day job and started a Facebook page and the rest is history!
3. What do you love about what you do now?
I love the flexibility and freedom and being in control of my own life. I really do enjoy the Mums groups and I get to hold babies everyday! It’s also rewarding to see clients achieve their fitness goals, no matter how big or small. Makes me feel like I am helping change the world one person at a time.
4. What is the best thing about running your own business?
Being in control of how I want to do things and not being told what to do. The flexibility is also a big game changer for me.
5. What is the hardest thing about running your own business?
You have to do a lot of everything yourself when you first start up as cashflow is not there at the beginning to pay for advertising and extra help. It sometimes is hard to switch off especially when you work from home and finding the balance to still enjoy your life while building a business.
6. If you could offer one piece of advice to a fellow business owner what would it be?
Ask for help!
7. Who is your biggest business inspiration? Who do you follow or look up to either in person or online?
Lorna Jane is a great inspiration for me. She started off small and now has an empire that spreads around the world. Michelle Bridges, Jillian Michaels, Kayla Istines would mainly who I look up online.
8. Everybody has flat or uninspired days… tell me what you do to overcome these and shift your energy?
I call a good friend or go to the gym for a intense workout!
9. What is the most courageous thing you have done in business?
Have a photoshoot and do online videos
10. What is one quote that you live by?
“If it’s to be, its up to me”
About the Experience
1. Why did you book a personal branding session with Nicole Barralet Photography?
I felt it was time to show people who I was. I posted images of my clients but not too many with me in it. I slowly learned that to make a connection with people that have to connect with the person behind the scenes.
2. What does the term personal branding mean to you?
3. How did you find the experience of being photographed by Nicole?
Nicole was fantastic, me not so much!! She made me feel very comfortable and even talked to me when I had a little melt down half way through. She was so caring and supportive which may the day run so well.
4. Were you happy with the final collection of photographs?
Absolutely!! Can’t wait to do another one