One of the most common questions I get asked when planning a Personal Branding Shoot is “What should we photograph?”. So today I wanted to share 10 awesome questions you can ask yourself about your business to find clarity about the types of photographs we could capture. These questions really help you to clarify your brand personality and the overall feel of what you are wanting to achieve.
- What services or products do you provide?
- How do these services or products solve your customers problems?
- What is your why? Why did you start your business? Why do you do what you do?
- Who are you talking to? Who is your target audience?
- What are 20 words (adjectives) that you could use to describe your brand and your business? (ie. fun, pampering, heathy, motivational etc)
- What is your social media character – the tone, language and purpose?
- What are your favourite brands, describe what you like about them and why?
- What is your word? What is the one think that you talk about all the time? (ie. My word is “empowerment”.I I am always talking about empowerment in photography, in life, health, body, mind, spirit and business)
- What feeling do you want to create in your business? How do you want your clients to feel after they have an experience with you?
- How do you want to be perceived by your client? (Ie. I want to be know as the best wedding, boudoir and personal branding photographer in Brisbane)
Once you have written down all of your answers, spend a little bit of time brainstorming different photographs you could capture from your answers. And if you have a blog, why not brainstorm some of the different blog topics you would like to cover in the next 3 months. That way you can come up with a list of different ideas of what we could photograph to maximise your shoot. Then share them with me and we can work out the different things we might need to gather, source or find to create some amazing photographs just for you.