Today I wanted to share a couple of tips on how to DIY your hair and makeup for a photoshoot! But if this advice all seems too hard, please let me know and I can book you in with a professional hair and makeup artist!
If you would like to do your own hair, here are a couple of tips:
- Make sure you wash your hair the night before so it is clean and shiny.
- If you are unsure what look to go for – just style it neat and tidy as though you were going out for a casual dinner
If you would like to do your own makeup, here are a few tips to be camera ready!
- Start with a clean, dry, moisturized face.
- Apply your makeup near a window. This will give you the best light possible and a true representation of
what the final look will look like.
- Use a primer before you put on your foundation. It will give you a smooth look by concealing large pores,
uneven colour tone, uneven textures and fine lines.
- For your foundation, apply slightly heavier than you would in your normal every day look. A matte finish is
more desirable than a shiny glow, so make sure you use a matte powder over the top. When applying
the foundation, use a damp sponge or foundation brush to give an even coverage.
- Then do the eyes. Avoid glitter or anything shimmery. A nice matte shadow is perfect for your photographs.
Don’t forget eyeliner and mascara. Two coats of mascara is perfect for a photo shoot.
- Don’t forget the blush. Give your cheeks some definition with just a tad of colour. Again stay away from
glitter and shimmer. Again, apply just a tad heavier than you normally would to accommodate for the
- Lips – A natural coloured lip with a hint of colour is the most flattering. But if you are the kind of person
who wears red lipstick everyday, then do it! Don’t forget your lip liner, and again keep it matte.
If all this is too much, then hire a professional!